So, I've been blogging for a year now, and I would like to share some blog tips on how to receive traffic, write good blog posts, and overall, make your blog unique.
Make Your Blog Unique
These are tips on how to make your blog unique.
1. First, your blog should fit your interests and your personality. If you are a "book worm" who likes to read, then maybe your blog should be about books. If you like greenish- blue and wood color, then that would be a good theme for you. Visit: www.books1589.weebly.com (my friend Claire's blog) and look at the way she customized hers, based on her interests and choice of colors.
2. You can add whatever pages you like, and images you think fit your content. If you are a person who looks for unique images and by that I mean, cute kinda like a polar bear conveying your message, maybe insert that image. Are there certain pages you think your blog will need? Do you want a separate page with extras and a different one for yourself? What content will these pages have?
Writing Blog Posts
3. Style. The way you write will also make your blog unique, and good. If you are a person who likes to write in a humorous style(unlike me) then maybe show that through what you write. The thing is, your posts should reflect your personality.
4. Content. What you write also makes a difference. What will your post be about? Will you give tips or lists? Information? Lifestyle? Apart from deciding what your post will be about, think about how you will write it. That goes back to your style and different ways to write. The way I write depends on what I write about. If you're like me, you write in different ways.
5. Extras- Do you want to add images in the blog post to reinforce your point? Do you want to add a quote from a famous person about your view of something? Do you want to include a link to some work you have done related to that topic? Any pages/websites to link to? Thinking about these things may also help you write a good blog post.
And then there is blog traffic. How do you get readers to visit your blog/site? Leave a comment?
6. The most common way that I get readers to visit my blog/site is by commenting on other people's sites. When you comment on other people's sites, readers usually read the comments. If they find a link to your website, they may want to visit it.
7. Spread the word! Send a link to friends/family and ask them to tell their friends! That way, a lot of people will visit your site. It's like when if you tell someone something you heard on the news, that information spreads. Same way, spread the word about your website.
8. Use social media. If you have a Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook account(unlike me), use social media and leave a link to your website. However, make sure to be safe by using social media, and don't reveal personal info. For more info, click on the button to view my blog rules:
9. Ask your family and friends. Tell them to share your website, but to a limit. Be careful about how many people you ask them to share it with. It is probably not a good idea sharing it with too many people. There should be a limit. It's not safe for everyone to get to know your website, and it is not needed for every single person in the whole world to know about it. You're not doing it to be famous. You do it because you like to blog.
Those were my 9 tips, so I hope those will help you to blog and grow your blog!
Click to set custom HTML
Author: Avatar Image
Hi my name is Saanvi and I am the author of this blog. I am a very smart person and have many different interests. I have long hair. And TRUST me, that IS NOT how I look!