So, I've been blogging for a year now, and I would like to share some blog tips on how to receive traffic, write good blog posts, and overall, make your blog unique.
Make Your Blog Unique
These are tips on how to make your blog unique.
1. First, your blog should fit your interests and your personality. If you are a "book worm" who likes to read, then maybe your blog should be about books. If you like greenish- blue and wood color, then that would be a good theme for you. Visit: www.books1589.weebly.com (my friend Claire's blog) and look at the way she customized hers, based on her interests and choice of colors.
2. You can add whatever pages you like, and images you think fit your content. If you are a person who looks for unique images and by that I mean, cute kinda like a polar bear conveying your message, maybe insert that image. Are there certain pages you think your blog will need? Do you want a separate page with extras and a different one for yourself? What content will these pages have?
Writing Blog Posts
3. Style. The way you write will also make your blog unique, and good. If you are a person who likes to write in a humorous style(unlike me) then maybe show that through what you write. The thing is, your posts should reflect your personality.
4. Content. What you write also makes a difference. What will your post be about? Will you give tips or lists? Information? Lifestyle? Apart from deciding what your post will be about, think about how you will write it. That goes back to your style and different ways to write. The way I write depends on what I write about. If you're like me, you write in different ways.
5. Extras- Do you want to add images in the blog post to reinforce your point? Do you want to add a quote from a famous person about your view of something? Do you want to include a link to some work you have done related to that topic? Any pages/websites to link to? Thinking about these things may also help you write a good blog post.
And then there is blog traffic. How do you get readers to visit your blog/site? Leave a comment?
6. The most common way that I get readers to visit my blog/site is by commenting on other people's sites. When you comment on other people's sites, readers usually read the comments. If they find a link to your website, they may want to visit it.
7. Spread the word! Send a link to friends/family and ask them to tell their friends! That way, a lot of people will visit your site. It's like when if you tell someone something you heard on the news, that information spreads. Same way, spread the word about your website.
8. Use social media. If you have a Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook account(unlike me), use social media and leave a link to your website. However, make sure to be safe by using social media, and don't reveal personal info. For more info, click on the button to view my blog rules:
9. Ask your family and friends. Tell them to share your website, but to a limit. Be careful about how many people you ask them to share it with. It is probably not a good idea sharing it with too many people. There should be a limit. It's not safe for everyone to get to know your website, and it is not needed for every single person in the whole world to know about it. You're not doing it to be famous. You do it because you like to blog.
Those were my 9 tips, so I hope those will help you to blog and grow your blog!
I have started a new writing blog, but not with Weebly! This time I did it with BlogSpot. Visit my new blog by clicking below, but don't forget to visit this blog, and on this blog, visit the page "My Other Websites" and see what other amazing websites I've created on Weebly!
Now join in the fun here:
Hi everyone! I haven't done a list since August, and I really enjoy making these top-ten lists, so I'll do one today! The subject is: My Top Ten Favorite Bloggers.
Saanvi's Favorite Bloggers
10. Brittany- Hello Bubblegum
Brittany's design is cute and fits her blog perfectly. Her font is beautiful, and most of all, her posts are great reads!
Visit her amazing blog by clicking below:
9. Zelus- My Hopeful Pencil
First, Zelus's blog is not just an ordinary blog. It is amazing. His posts are always great reads, and his pages and design overall fit the style of his blog is just too... too... good.
Read his thoughts by clicking below:
8. Miss Internet- Miss Internet
Great blog! Design is amazing! The posts are great, and whatever is on each page makes perfect sense, and by that I mean, that they suit the page. I don't know how to explain that.
Visit online by clicking below:
7. GirlRadio- Nerd Glasses & Wanderlust
Amazing font and posts! I love the about me page! Cool blog!
Visit her cool blog by clicking below:
6. Rose- It's Looking A Bit Mitty!
I just discovered her blog a few minutes ago, but she is number 6! Design is perfect, posts look good, and pages are fantastic! Awesome job customizing this blog!
Visit Rose's fantastic blog below, and before I give the link, one sentence: It's Looking A Bit Mitty!
5. Morning- The Ups and Downs of My Not-so-Average Life
One word: Awesome! It is such a good blog, Morning!
Click below to join the ups-and-downs of your life as well with Morning:
4. Vivian- Day-Dreamer, Night Thinker
That is exactly what you are! Your blog represents just that, and I am happy to see this wonderful blog grow, and I am very grateful you have started it!
3. Dani- The Dani Jones Blog
2. Rhiannon- A Little Red Notebook
Awesome blog! Join in the fun by clicking above:
But anyways, I just like everyone's blogs that I nominated up here. It's not in any order, even if I have numbered it.
But I will announce my favorite blogger:
1 is Noor from A Little Bit of Sunshine!
Awesome posts, pages, one sentence I have to say:
It's A Little Bit of Sunshine!
Click below to experience the "sunshine"!
That was the list! Remember, if you want me to check out your blog, leave your link in the comments below!
It's me again. I changed my mind. I am going to announce winners today! I just couldn't wait to tell you!
Dun dun dun!
And the winner is...
Wait for it...
Great job, Kaushik! I loved your poem! I won't display his poem until I have his permission(it is copyrighted), but attached is your certificate!
Kaushik, let me know where you want your poem to be on this blog!
Today the contest is closed, because this was it. This was the deadline. Winner will be announced tomorrow, and I promise I haven't cheated by any means. The winner won fair and square. The winner(1st place) will get a certificate and I will post their work somewhere on this blog.
Sorry that this post was short guys, it was just a notice!
You have 2 days to enter in my blog holiday contest, because the deadline is January 17th. Winners will be announced January 18th. Although I am disappointed that only 2 people have entered, I have picked the winner, and I will announce that on January 18th, which will be in three days. And now, what you all are waiting for!
My new year's resolution! It is...
To be less angry at my brother, and not fight that often. I have to think about him, not just how he makes me angry. There has to be a reason.
I will be deleting the Typeform survey that I have on my last page, because I am not receiving all your lovely responses! I guess Weebly won't show them because it is not from their survey, so although that was cool, I will be adding a new, much more dull survey from Weebly on my "Comments & Suggestions From Readers Like You" so I can receive your responses, and improve my website!
Thanks for reading!
Just a reminder... please enter in the holiday contest that my blog is holding. Please check out my holiday post for the rules, requirements, how to enter, and more information. I am going to announce the prizes.
1st place- Their work gets displayed on one of my pages, or one of my sidebars, and they receive a certificate for their work.
2nd place- Their work will be posted on a separate blog, and they also receive a certificate for their work.
3rd place- I post about one of their choices, and they receive a certificate for their work.
These are the prizes!
Winners will be announced January 18th, 2015. Please remember to enter!
Note about my blog:
I will be frequently be editing my blog, and my pages, and the content on it, so please come back soon!
Thanks for reading!
I still haven't come up with my resolution, but what's yours? Answer in the comments. Also, if you visit my "Comments & suggestions from readers like you page, I've added a survey. Please take it. If you have issues, let me know in the comments.
Happy New Year!
Click to set custom HTML
Author: Avatar Image
Hi my name is Saanvi and I am the author of this blog. I am a very smart person and have many different interests. I have long hair. And TRUST me, that IS NOT how I look!