I can't believe that it is the end of December already. So how'd I do with my goals?
1. Make a handmade present for my family on Christmas- Yep! I had fun wrapping the box, and I left them a nice present! I signed it as Santa Clause, because I thought it would be cute and kind of nice.
2. Create more posts for December- Of course! You can check out the December archives, and I have more than 2 posts!
3. Tell my friends about my blog- Well, no. I didn't tell them about it, sadly. I've only told one friend, but I have next year. Maybe I'll complete this goal next year!
That was a quick recap, but I haven't thought of my resolution yet. Maybe I soon will!
Just a quick reminder, please participate in the holiday contest. See my last post for details, and rules.
Enjoy, and in advance, Happy New Year!
I am proud to announce that my blog is holding a holiday contest! It is the week of Christmas, and there are other holidays coming up, and I wanted to hold a contest!
The rules of the contest are simple:
1. Your entry must be original, creative, and yours. You may not copy anybody else's entry. The entry should be posted to your blog. You can post an image of it to your blog.
2. There are different categories. You must pick a category and do everything it tells you to do.
3. The entry has to be posted to your blog, not anybody else's so that it can be proven that you have done the entry yourself.
4. Entries must be in by January 17th.
Draw: Draw a cover for one of Jerry Pallota's books. It can't be his cover; you must create your own cover for his book, but the title remains the same, and the author remains the same. What changes is the illustrator's name(which is your name) and the picture.
Write: Write an essay about your favorite holiday and why you like it.
Pick a holiday and create a poster about it. It should include information about why it is celebrated, and its traditions, among other things. Post an image of the poster that is clear to your blog.
Create a holiday card, it must be creative and colorful and yours!
Write a poem about words that describe winter(don't copy my poem)
Draw Santa and his sleigh delivering presents OR a snowman and children playing.
Write a story about a day that you spent a winter day with a friend and what you did.
Those were the categories!
How To Enter: Pick a category, and post an image of your entry to your blog, and give me the link to your blog in the comments so I can check out the image! The image must be in a blog post titled "My Summer Water Land Holiday Contest Entry."
I can't tell you the prizes, it's a surprise!
Good luck! Winners will be announced January 18th.
December is a cold season, and we usually get a lot of snow, and during those days, behind my backyard, it becomes like the woods. The snow falls on the trees, branches, and bushes, and covers them in a white blanket of snow. The deer come and stand on the ground, and their antlers look cute.
Here is a picture from the view in my backyard during these days. The picture is copyrighted; please don't take the following photo without asking first. The picture is mine!
Isn't it beautiful? Usually on these days, I'm having hot chocolate while looking at this beautiful view. Then after that, I sometimes play games.
Here is a winter poem I made up to welcome the season!
A Winter View
Snow, snow, a white blanket for the Earth,
so cold and frozen, yet so thick, covering all the trees, bushes, and branches
The deer look at us and their families so big, don't frighten the deer!
It's such a beautiful view, won't you look at this view?
Now, you have looked at the view from my backyard, and I gave you a description. You also read the poem, now, let's get on with the rest of the post.
What will you do to welcome Winter? Pick one of the following projects and do them. You can post them to your blog, and then give readers in the comments below the link to the blog post to check out your winter project.
Drawing: Draw Santa Claus and his sleigh guided by the deer. Create a house inside the picture to indicate Santa is here, and draw presents at the front of the home to show Santa has given presents on Christmas. Color your picture, and post it to your blog.
Poem: Write a short poem describing the holidays coming up, hot chocolate, or a sleigh ride with Santa Claus. Post to your blog!
Stories: Write or type a story about your imaginary trip to the North Pole to see Santa's workshop, and what you saw and did there, or write a story about spending a winter day with a friend. Post to your blog!
Collage: Create a winter collage, and post to your blog!
If you have more ideas for winter projects, then you can post your ideas in the comments, or create a blog post for your ideas on your blog. Don't forget to post one of the following projects to your blog and give us the link in the comments; the projects are always so fun to do!
Happy Winter, well, there's no snow, but I hope there soon will be!
Christmas or Christmas Day is an annual festival celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, celebrated most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. Some of the traditions of Christmas include Santa Claus, who is believed to be the person that gives children gifts on Christmas Day. It is said that he comes the night before Christmas Day from the chimney. Another tradition is to get together with family and spend the day together.
That was a bit about Christmas, but I have a little more to say and a short video to play...
Now that you have watched this video and learned about Christmas in my post, you know about this holiday.
Merry "Early" Christmas! Just fill out this form if you want me to post about another holiday.
Hi Fellow Readers & Bloggers,
I am sorry that I have not been posting for a while, and that's because I didn't know what to post about. I spent my days thinking about what I could post for you to read about, and that's where I got this idea!
First of all, Happy December and Merry "Early" Christmas!
Listed below are some of my goals for December:
1. Make a hand-made present and wrap it into a present box for my family.
2. Create a second blog post for December. (I have the most posts for August, because that is when I started this blog, and as the months went by, I started posting fewer blog posts for each month.)
3. Tell some of my friends about my blog- I have never told my friends at school about the blog I created, except for my best friend. I want to tell more people about it, so they can explore my cool website and leave a comment!
Well, thank you for reading! Sorry it was so short, the next post will be about Christmas!
Click to set custom HTML
Author: Avatar Image
Hi my name is Saanvi and I am the author of this blog. I am a very smart person and have many different interests. I have long hair. And TRUST me, that IS NOT how I look!